Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Thursday, February 9, 2017

thursday's crafting ~ handmade Valentine's Card





next week is Valentine’s Day and I thought it would be fun to make a handmade Valentine Card for Steve, so as I am oft to do~ I popped into Pinterest and found some really fun and beautiful ideas to spark my creative juices. I will post these after showing you my card; hopefully they will spark an idea for you too.

Now for my Masterpiece. I purchase a package of blank cards and envelopes at Hobby Lobby and then sat down to plan my design. After finding what I wanted I transferred my idea from the tissue paper I used to the blank card; and with a 'very fine' point black pen began to draw the design. I will say... I have three cards left out of the package of 25, after all the errors, not just rights, and horrid attempts. ha! But I did finally come up with a finished piece. Then, I added the little hearts. I pondered and tried different boarders and words on the front, using the failed attempts as a playground; but in the end I decided to keep it as simple and elegant as possible.  
___________________________________________


 


traditional styles












































cute critters






  










vintage 




have a
 Happy Valentine's Day 


No comments:

Post a Comment