Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Thursday, December 8, 2016

thursday's crafting ~ my Yule Tree and more

My favorite Holiday Decorations are my Bristle Cone Critters and instead of using them as ornaments I usually put them into a wreath basket or ring; trying to use only natural items, exception my Critters. I am making this year is no different with the exception of tree for a base and I have decided to find items from nature at the ranch. Gypsy and I went out and gathered branches from each of the three types of trees, some driftwood and barks. We also have junipers, that have berries on them waiting to ripen in the spring.


my base

my traditional spice basket with my Spirit Totem a polar bear ~ and a couple of Yule Candles
made by my dear friend, Liz, in the UK. we are waiting to burn them for when both Steve and I are permanently at the ranch.

wreaths and baskets of the past     

Here are some of my favorite and beautiful ideas I found while my strolling around the internet and thought to share them with you.

what I love about this one is the orange slices and cinnamon sticks attached, what a wonderful way to add some fresh spicy scents. 

this one uses entirely natural items that can be found in the forest- 

No comments:

Post a Comment