Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Thursday, November 17, 2016

thursday's crafting ~ a Thankful Turkey

I have a friend that every year makes a yarn turkey and some paper feathers. Then, EVERYONE, child or adult, who comes into her home over the next week has to write what they are thankful for on a paper feather and places it into this cute turkey centerpiece. In a moment I will show you her fun idea and instructions, but.....

first, my version, 

    since I live in the woods were we have tons of pine cones available- (at least those that Gypsy hasn't chosen for her outdoor balls- ha!) I am going to use these. 
    and... since i am alone, I decided that everytime I think of something I am thankful for, I will write it down to place into my ...

Pinecone Bouquet of Thankfulness



now: ____________________________________________________________________

How to make my friend's Thanksgiving Turkey Yarn Ball

How to make it: Cut a 1-inch sliver off the bottom of a 9-inch polystyrene ball. Wrap sphere neatly in thick dark-brown yarn, covering surface completely; knot on bottom. Make a 4-inch ball from light-brown yarn and attach to body with a wooden craft stick. Create simple facial features using felt: white circles (approximately the size of a quarter, with 1/8-inch pom-poms for pupils) for eyes, yellow triangles for the beak, and long red felt teardrops as the wattle. Cut feather shapes from colored craft paper and bend in half lengthwise to create seam. Glue wooden craft stick to the bottom third of the feather and insert in a fan shape on turkey body. You can make it larger or smaller depending on need and size of polystyrene ball.

__________________________________________________________

more PineCone Turkey Ideas ~
sometimes I dislike the invent of Internet technology, and then... there are times like these that I love it! searching for different Pine Cone Turkey ideas was fun- here are a couple of my favorites.



a simple idea for younger kids to make:


No comments:

Post a Comment