Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, November 21, 2016

life's humor



Life?  life has a sense of humor, as twisted as I feel it may be sometimes; nevertheless, funny.

I have a lot of time to deliberate about Life and living Life. My heading on this blog page tells how I have always felt:


“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming “WOW- what a ride!”    Margaret Mead

Life plays with me every day, it always has. It does everyone...every...one, of us on a daily basis. We just don’t pay attention or see only the “bad” of an event.

Thinking about this I suddenly realized that before now in my “time of Solitude,” I didn’t either pay attention out of lack of whatever; or was too busy, too many distractions going on around me to really notice Life’s sense of humor and too often my lack of. Did I see the “bad, unfunny” because I was angry MY day’s plan was interrupted? Possibly.

What brought all this thinking on? Life played a little trick on me the other day; just to remind me- Life is in control.

Gypsy and I go out for walks in the woods every day; it is part of our exercise program for each other. We also have a fox and a bobcat running around in our woods- perfectly ok with me- and we have tons of rabbits; which is most likely the reason we have Mrs. F and Mr. BC there too. 

Gypsy is very good finding not only wildlife tracks but the leavings and bones of all our little bunnies that are feeding Mrs. F and Mr. BC, and probably their little ones too.

Most of the time nabbing while grimacing and touching as little of the said bone as I can, I stick it inside a burnt trunk or hang it from a tree until I can return to dispose of it properly. Burying it doesn’t work... Little Miss Nose Knows, finds it and digs it back up. ha!

Finally getting smart I started tucking a simple bread bag into my pocket, then at least I can bag it and take it to the garbage in one trip. Plan was working quite well. That first day we used eight bags gathering what was already “up and away from G.”

I was proud of myself last Wednesday when as we headed out the door I grabbed a baggie and hiked off into the woods for a short stroll. Wasn’t too long before Miss “Nose to the Ground” found a treasure- she was excited. And I, patting myself on my back, bounced over to where her little nose was poking and...lo and behold...was the leavings of a huge rabbit- One Little Thing about this rabbit- It was the entire skeletal structure intact with bones picked clean. Usually we just find a leg or skull.

Now, the question I asked myself was—“can you fit the entire, intact, skeletal structure of this rabbit into that small simple bread bag...without touching said item?

Answer: Yes, it can fit, if you break up the structure somewhat. BUT- No, you cannot do it without some contact with said bones. :(  (sigh)

As I stood there taking a good 4 to 5 minutes trying to get these bones in this little, very thin, bag, I hear upon the soft voice of the wind.... Life Chucking-

ok, I get it, bigger bags next time...

moral of this story:
 no matter what... Life will always be one step ahead of you, and one jest up.

Living is so much more fun if you ride within Life’s humorous lane and skid in broadside, proclaiming “WOW- what a ride!

I am sorry I don’t have a picture of the colossal rabbit; no phone or camera- it was suppose to be just a quickie, short walk; that why I was so proud I remembered to grab a baggie- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment