Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, October 31, 2016

wintering at Aspen Willow

surviving Solitude takes the right Attitude...

Recently starting a new “journey” or path shall we say, I remembered Steve saying I should journal or write about my newest adventure.

Adventure? Yes. This winter I will be by myself in “solitude.” Ah, sounds nice; until things become “horrifically horrible.” (phrase from my “wonderful words according to Margeaux” dictionary.) Ha!

Back to the matter- I will be facing this winter at the ranch not entirely by myself. I do have Samantha and Gypsy, and rest assured they will make a huge difference between “real solitude” where there is nothing other than you; or, there is some kind of companion, a friend.  Such as a dog, cat, bird, anything you can talk to, love, and include you in their life.

Oh, there have been stories of many people who have put themselves into a solitary position. My favorite is Henry David Thoreau’s, Walden, - his account of living out in the wilderness. Although he had to start from scratch, I at least, have a house, cottage, barn and amenities that help things.

Wondering if this might be of interest to others I decided to post my accounts, they may be fun, scary, or even boring... let’s see what happens. I do promise this will NOT be a “reality TV” “blog-istic OMG story” read, that is not who I think I am. But maybe with these postings we will see and learn just who I am.

Now I am in Solitude... developing the Attitude... “this is going to be a blast, no matter what happens; what an opportunity I have been given.” 

OK readers, Samantha, Gypsy, are you ready to begin our adventure?- 

Wintering at Aspen Willow


 a note: I chose the first of November to start this fun project because we have never been at the ranch in Colorado at this time of the year- everything will be new from here on out until May. The weather, the landscape, the wildlife... will all be a new experience, that's what makes it so exciting...adventuring in the unknown. :) 

1 comment:

  1. "Women need real moments of solitude and self reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away" Barbara De Angelis

    ReplyDelete