Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, January 25, 2016

mental vacation from frustration

My soul is frustrated…

It’s a kind of world weariness that is fed up with the violence, suffering, political games, and wastefulness all around. There is a lack of simply being considerate to others; selfishness is the main practice of the majority of the human race, those who cannot see beyond their personal space.  I see the changes in humanity, the mistakes of our government, the upcoming choices of a new one, people dying without cause, true causes of death running amuck, people disfiguring themselves just because...it looks cool, spirituality or religion off in a never-never-land of twisted perceptions, our environment, and most of all the harm we do to others- child abuse, torturing animals, billion dollar industry of sex-slave trades. People just don’t get it… you would think after all this time we would finally move beyond the “I” and material wants to the “We” and inner spiritual growth.

I sit and think, “Wow, just a few more months and I can run away from it all and hide in the mountains. Or worse yet, this one comes far too often as I hear and see the news! “Death about now wouldn’t be so bad.”  Whoa...okay time for a mental vacation.

When I get tired of life… I take a mental vacation to my own world full of serene peace. Sadly, the reality of life is still there when I return; however, my special place within my soul can never be taken away or invaded by humans. That in itself is encouraging.

Nevertheless, deep in my heart... I desperately want to see my serene life become a reality for the 'entire' world. And, I don't know how to make it become real, therein lies my frustrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment