Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, October 12, 2015

Paths, Lessons, & Life --- part II

this is part II of my first posting in May of 2010- if you did not read Part I last week, I do suggest you go back and read it before continuing here- it will make more sense.  ~~paths, lessons, & life part I~~

Paths, Lessons, & Life continued...

Basically, I do not believe that there are evil souls. I do believe that there are malfunctioning bodies and brains that cause people to be evil and do evil things. But then again… are they malfunctioned or just learning that lesson? And what of all those that have been touched by the evil doings, are they too learning something? Yep. Does this mean that we should just let everyone go around doing what they want because it is part of their paths or lessons. Absolutely not! There has to be rules, there has to be some kind of order. Life and creation in general have rules, order, processes. Now what of the rules to control people beyond the general societal necessities? We were meant to have a freedom of choice. “But I choose to be bad and do bad things.” Okay, but you also are choosing that you must accept the consequences of those actions when they affect anyone or anything other than your personal self and personal space. When and if your actions go beyond those two elements then you must comply with the societal, cultural, and general rules. If you don't like those rules, you can try and convince others to change them or get out of the kitchen and find another place where it does flow with your wishes. Remember, living as a part of a group, society, culture is also a lesson we must learn.

It is all about learning, developing, enhancing, and finding the end of the path. The Enlightenment, Nirvana, Utopia, Heaven, and Shangri-La whatever you wish to call it.

It is easy to say what you want to do, learn, how you want to react to certain times, but practicing what you preach is the lesson.

I am now within a lesson. I understand the task, the lesson, but have been placed where my understanding and acceptance of this lesson will be tested. The test is can I believe and practice these ideas of letting others learn and live their own lives while being compassionate and understanding. At work I run into many who test me, but the real test is keeping up the “way” with all those around me being hypocritical, not understanding, not empathic or sympathetic to others while learning their own lessons.

It will be an arduous task to be sure, but if I make it a challenge and fun, it will be a wonderful experience and enlightenment.


No comments:

Post a Comment