Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, August 17, 2015

busy week in CO

good Monday morning from Colorado. It has been a very  busy week getting everything set up in the MC (the smaller house on the ranch) if you remember the main house is too large and takes too long to un-winterize for only a couple of months. Thus, I stay in the little one. Even there, however, we only have it stocked to use for a couple days to couple weeks at a time. So, I did a mass of shopping last Saturday, and was able to make it more livable.  

Samantha is adjusting to the new area. I take her out in the mornings to explore, and she loves to run and climb on the rocks and look for... yep, you guessed it- ground squirrels. The only animals so far that she is actually afraid of are the deer and wild turkeys, she is not sure what those are yet. ha! I bought her a new cat tree for here, her in CA was too large to bring out with her other things. 

otherwise, everything here is doing great. I am waiting for a new satellite phone before I get out into the woods. I promised Steve I wouldn't go without it. Cell connection just doesn't happen. So, not many wildlife photos yet. 

with that here are a couple of pics you might have fun with.

a beautiful view on the county road heading to our ranch
this is the time of year for thunderstorms, which I love.

 I've got mail....first delivery, I am official :)

 our 1100ft driveway was in need of some TLC
we had been driving over the ever growing ruts
and washed out areas. Steve decided it was time
to bring in a road guy. It will take him three days.

Steve working hard watching the road engineer
working hard. ha! 

our resident turkeys - yum, shame of me.


Samantha enjoying her new cat tree.


and last but not least, and since this is traditionally inspiration monday, here is a photo taken after yesterday's huge thunderstorm.


have a terrific day !

No comments:

Post a Comment