Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

healthy living ~ week four, vintage stuff

Here we are at week four, how is it going with your “Flatten That Tummy” challenge. All I can say about mine--- is that it was a whole lot easier “developing” my belly fat than trying now to “demolish” it.  There is a battle of the buldge going on at my midsection...but I will prevail. I was talking to a friend, who is also involved with this challenge, about a machine that my mother had when I was a kid- it was one of those vibrating belts... I use to have fun playing with it, but like all of that kind of stuff- it was worthless for weight loss. I caught my mom one time even using a baker's rolling pin on her stomach and thighs...as if to mash up the fat so it would just dissolve away. She got the idea from a popular rolling machine she had seen in an ad.

So, as we continue with our mighty challenge I thought it would be fun to post some vintage machines and products of old. Some are pretty funny, some you may remember, some I had even tried....ha!

anyone remember these?



 
 tapeworms!?!?
there was a day when women were actually too skinny?

No comments:

Post a Comment