Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

healthy living ~help for the LBF challenge

Well, to say the least... my "Belly Fat" challenge has not been the wonderful results I had hoped, so I sat back and thought about this. As soon as I awaken and think about the healthy day I am going to have... I IMMEDIATELY want to eat...eat...eat...everything I should not.  Okay this is mental- not physical- so I need to approach this from the psychological side of things. And how does one do that best? With affirmations, convincing your consciousness what the subconscious already knows.

Creating or maintaining a healthy lifestyle can be hard work and there are many reasons why people give up before reaching their goals. Often times, people find it too difficult to stick to the exercise routine, the diet, or simply get frustrated when the pounds don’t shed quickly enough. It is because of these facts that positive affirmations are so important and helpful. Whatever the reason, many people start with high resolve but find themselves reverting back to their old lifestyle, and positive health affirmations can make the difference between success and failure. 

Health Affirmations and How They Work  
A bit like “brain washing” yourself, ha! .... Health affirmations are statements that, when repeated over a period of time, help reshape internal motivations for losing weight, frequent exercise and becoming healthy. The result is that the subconscious mind begins to actually want to do these things and starts working with you instead of against you! 
 
The subconscious mind reasons that even though the desire to lose weight and eat healthy foods is strong, it is too hard and cannot be done; therefore, there is no use in trying. Health affirmations seek to change that thinking by replacing those thoughts with a positive attitude and motivation. These new inner beliefs of the mind lead to a permanent, lasting, and healthy lifestyle. 

How to Effectively Use Affirmations   
This method attempts to change the mind’s self-talk by reaffirming the determination to become healthy. This takes several repetitions over a period of time. It is best done either in the morning or right before bed, when the body is in a relaxed state and the subconscious mind is most receptive. Set aside at least 10 minutes for this practice. 

Below are some tips to keep in mind as you prepare to repeat your health affirmations: 
Sit in a comfortable position and ensure that each part of your body is comfortable.
Make a mental note that this time is set aside to relax, and there is nothing else to do until the session is over.
Take a deep, slow breath in through the nose and hold it for a second or two, until the tightness is felt in the chest. Let the breath out slowly through the mouth.
Relax the jaw by keeping the teeth separated slightly.
Take another deep breath, hold, and let out through the mouth. Notice the relaxed and loose feeling.
Focus on relaxing and breathing naturally. Feel the muscles becoming loose.
Repeat the health affirmations first out loud and then in the mind.
Continue repeating the affirmations throughout the day, several times a day. They are also helpful to say when faced with temptation. 

Positive Affirmations for Optimal Health  
Many more affirmations can be found if you search, but here are eight to start with. You can change any to fit your needs. I usually stay with just five at a time, so they are easy to remember and I don’t bog myself down.   

  • My desire for sugary foods is diminishing.
  • I do a healthy amount of exercise regularly.
  • My body gets all the nutrients it needs.
  • My desire for fattening foods is dissolving.
  • I have a strong urge to eat only healthy nutritious foods.
  • I feel good about myself.
  • I am attaining and maintaining my ideal weight.
  • I am strong and healthy.
  • I am peaceful and calm.

Positive Affirmations for Balance
 Now that you are learning to set-up yourself with some healthy affirmations, you can add a couple of days a week some healing time too. Here are the Chakra Affirmations I sometimes do- and need to get back to doing regularly.

You can use these affirmations on yourself by visualizing the corresponding color of each chakra as you sit quietly and feel yourself healing.

7. Crown Chakra: "I let go and I trust the process of life."
6. Third Eye Chakra: "I am wise."
5. Throat Chakra: "I am fully expressive. I express myself fully and appropriately."
4. Heart Chakra: "I am a radiant being of light and love."
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: "I accept myself completely."
2. Sacral Chakra: "I am filled with creativity."
1. Root Chakra: "I am disciplined. I attend to my mind, body and spirit everyday."

Although this may seem like a simple technique, it has amazing power to balance and align your chakra system and improve the overall quality of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment