Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Thursday, February 26, 2015

thursday's garden ~ Lady Hawk

our Lady Hawk's observation tree, the tallest around and close to her nest- here she can see forever

she has quite an intense expression
my favorite picture to post this week is of our resident hawk- she “kee-ahhs” every morning right at 6:00am, best alarm anyone can ask for with her beautiful sound.  At first we thought she was a Cooper’s Hawk, then a Sharped Shinned, but actually according to much research... it is final- our beautiful lady is a Red Shouldered Hawk.  She has a nest in the pines near our backyard and I am hoping that much of her cries throughout the day is for a mate to produce some hawk-lettes.





this has been a gorgeous week for our garden, with all the rain we had on Sunday the flowers are blossoming everywhere. Again I am finding my love for bulbs and the “surprise I’m here” when they pop out of the ground with colors galore.






The other night I was sitting in the garden and an intoxicating aroma came to me on the breeze. The next morning I went outside and realized that my lime and orange trees are so filled with flowers the branches are drooping.  Both trees are buzzing with bees and hummingbirds- it is awesome.


have a great week, hope all of your gardens are filling with beautiful colors and aromas.

No comments:

Post a Comment