|click image to enlarge|
yes, more water... the miracle liquid for your health
I love water and what it does to cleanse my body of toxins when mixed with apple cider vinegar, green tea, or lemon juice. I know some poeple just hate water...then mix it with something healthy. More than half of a human body is made up of water. We need water to survive. So it’s not surprising that drinking lots of clean water is one of the simplest ways to help ensure good health.
Here are just a few of the benefits:
1. Without enough water, the liver can’t do its job well. And its job, as you know, is to detox the whole body—a pretty important task in these modern times.
2. Feeling kind of puffy? Drink more water! It can help to ease the fluid retention and bloating associated with premenstrual syndrome.
3. Trying to drop a few pounds? Drink water. It naturally suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize fat.
4. Drinking lots of water can prevent leg cramps that happen due to mild dehydration in warmer weather.
5. Drinking lots of water can also help prevent chronic dehydration.
If you do get mildly dehydrated, don’t try to drink a gallon of water in three minutes. (Unless you’re trying out for some Book of World Records!) The safest way to rehydrate is to drink small amounts of water frequently. And while you’re at it, enjoy a banana between sips, since they’re loaded with potassium and can re-establish electrolyte balance.
It’s important to keep in mind that it is possible to drink too much water. A good rule of thumb is to drink between six to eight glasses per day. Don’t assume that any liquid you drink counts toward your eight glasses, since some sugary or caffeinated drinks can actually deplete your body of water.
Here is another version of a Flush the Body Clean water recipe that I have been trying lately. Wonderful! especially when I had that horrid cold last week. Its vitamins and minerals promote energy and good health. Not just delicious but this drink can play a huge role in your healthy living diet! Enjoy!
try this one out for a change of pace
2 liters water
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, sliced
1 medium lemon, sliced
12 small spearmint leaves
Place all ingredients in a large pitcher, let blend together overnight, the next day...drink the whole pitcher during the course of the day. (this also can help promote some nice weight loss too, always a plus)