Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, December 22, 2014

a special gift from across the pond

 I use Healthy Living day to post the recipes and ideas for homemade beauty products, especially for the bath time, a favorite time for me. And I have stated how wonderful those ideas would be for gifts for that special friend in your life.

Well, I received a gift for the holidays from my special friend, Liz, all the way from England and what did it contain...homemade bath salts, bombs, and scrubs. I was so overjoyed to get this that I actually cried with love and joy.  She also included some Advent Christmas candles that she made with Miss Dixie Belle’s logo on it. (Dixie Belle is the gremlin sister, Deshka, to Jesse’s welsh princess- Fizz, aka Season’s Sunset of BernerTails fame)

Thank you my friend, you have given me many wonderful handmade gifts that I cherish with all my heart.  One day my wish is to visit you in England and give you a sisterly hug of heartfelt love.

Thank You! Liz, Dale, Fizz and Deshka- 


I placed everything in my bath basket at the side of the tub- little did Liz
know that I was out of goodies and hadn't had time to make more.
the Dixie Bell Advent candles are beautifully made- .
look how fabulous they look with my Yule-Christmas Wreath-No I haven't used them yet, they are too beautiful, maybe next year- BTW: my Jesse ornament was lovingly made by Liz a couple of years ago, it will always adorn my wreaths. 
_________________________________________________________________________

 If you really like these I believe Liz may still have some she is selling- here is a link to her blog, Berntoak, and look under the “shop” tab.


1 comment:

  1. You have the perfect holders for the candles, they look lovely. So glad you got everything, now you can have a nice bath or a foot soak. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete