Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming “Wow, What a Ride!”

Monday, November 3, 2014

Dr. Seuss' 30 Thoughts on Life


It's once again a new month and time for my “Thoughts on Life.” Not sure the reason...yet... but I woke up this morning thinking about Dr. Seuss- maybe it was the strange dream I had; it was one of those that requires much thought as to the “wtf” was my unconscious trying to say. ha!

Nevertheless, I decided this would be a great day to share my “30 Dr. Seuss Quotes that can change your life” poster. I love this, and I still remember- word for word- many of the Dr. Seuss works I've read.  (click on the picture to enlarge for better reading)

My favorite all time story was called The Zax, it had a moral that stuck with me throughout my life. If you haven’t read it, I really suggest you do, no matter what age. The story raises questions as to whether pride is a beneficial or detrimental quality to possess and whether one should compromise with another individual and if you aren’t flexible...the world and time will just pass you by.

One day in the Prairie of Pax a North-Going Zax and a South-Going Zax run into each other. Both are trying to get to their desired locations, but neither will move out of the way to let the other one pass. While both stand facing each other too proud to compromise, they fail to see that the world continues on moving and time passes by.


~ what was your favorite Dr. Seuss story? I would love to know ~

No comments:

Post a Comment